How to wear statement earrings
Adding statement jewellery is the fastest way to elevate an outfit. You can wear the most basic of LBDs but with a pair of killer statement earrings, or a brilliant statement necklace, your ensemble gets amped to the max. In this post, I'll focus on statement earrings but look out for future posts on statement necklaces and bracelets too.
Monochrome, colour or both?
First things first - are you a monochrome, colour or both type of girl?
If you're a classy monochrome, consider gold, silver or rose gold toned, black, clear, grey. Each of these is perfect for the monochrome lover.
- ANGLE triangle earrings in black, ochre, silver
- CELINE star drop earrings in black/gold, silver/black
- CHARA spike gem earrings in ochre/gold, black/rhodium
- SOLANA hoop earrings in ochre/gold, black/rhodium
Shown with two of my fav Matin pieces.
Now if you're a colour girl... you can gorge on cerise, absinthe and amber as well. Whatever colour you're wearing, I recommend picking a tone that either complements or clashes - to direct you in a clash, you can use a colour wheel and pick colours which are opposite to each other.
Some of my fav colour clashes are (not necessarily shown on the colour wheel) - blue/orange, purple/orange, pink/yellow, pink/purple, orange/red.
- ANGLE triangle earrings in cerise/rose gold
- CELINE star drop earrings in cerise/rose gold
- CHARA spike gem earrings in ochre/gold
- ANGLE triangle earrings in amber/gold
- TRI single triangle earrings in black/gold
- SOLANA hoop earrings in absinthe/rhodium
- CHARA spike gem earrings in cerise/rose gold
- CELINE star drop earrings in silver/black
- ANGLE triangle earrings in absinthe/black/gold
- CHARA spike gem earrings in amber/gold
- CELINE star drop earrings in black/gold
Shown with Reformation pieces.
Soooo now you've picked your colours, now to think about how to do your hair! Statement earrings actually play well with both up and down dos.
With hair down, statement earrings are great because they provide a striking peek out from under your hair. Case in point, see Talisa Sutton styling the CELINE earring like a pro -
And model Chloe Lecareaux showing the SOLANA hoop off with the best beach hair for the TUCHUZY shoot.
Statement earrings are much more in your face and a key styling point if you put your hair up. The trend lately is for bold pieces so I totally recommend putting your hair up so your killer statement earrings can be seen.
Our model, Maisie Dunlop, shows this off the best!
Your face shape will also make a difference in how you feel and look when choosing statement earrings for your face shape.
A general helpful rule is to pick statement earring shapes which contrast your face shape.
For example, if you have a rounder face, avoid large circular pieces and steer towards the CELINE star drop earring or the ANGLE three triangle earrings. If you have a more angled face, the CHARA spike gem, SOLANA hoop and the CELINE star drop earring would work well for you. However, this is not a set rule - it might also change depending on how you've styled your hair that day (or how you feel or anything else really!)
I do hope you found this post useful! :)
If you have any styling questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!